The Scoop

NCTS Middle School Blog

The Pros and Cons of Multiple Instagram Accouts

on January 11, 2019

Before you say it, yes. I am insane. I just love playing every part of the story, okay?

I currently run four Instagram accounts.

Don’t judge me.

I love owning so many accounts. Why? Simple: PERSONAS. A persona is a personality you adopt for a story or something. I love being myself, but I love being other people more. Okay, that’s a lie; I don’t really like myself and I love being able to choose what I am. I guess it’s roleplay, but I’m 99% sure there needs to be multiple people for that. I don’t know. It doesn’t matter.

Where were we? Drama, right. Like I said, I love to create drama as long as I control everything. For example, on my hotlizard19 account, I get to play the role of my character Sarabeth, a sarcastic and terribly insane reptilian alien who plans on kidnapping her siblings for her own personal gain. On my Goofball account, I get to play the role of a girl named Bailee Flora obsessed with a cartoon ghost to a point where they would date them, frequently calling Goofball their “king”.

I love every second of it.

You know what I love best? Drama.

Drama sucks, I won’t lie. The thing that makes it so appetizing is control. If you can’t control the drama, it can get way too heated and might go in a really bad direction. That being said, I can control exactly where the drama goes. Heck, Sarabeth and Bailee are in an argument because Sarabeth thinks Bailee is too obsessed with Goofball, a fact that becomes blatantly obvious by just looking at a few of the posts on the account. Even Snowball and my own personal account have gotten involved, watching the drama unfold as we make casual remarks to random statements.

I guess I should probably get into the pros and cons, huh?

One pro would be that it’s a time-killer. Are you bored at home on a rainy Saturday? Have Sarabeth make fun of Bailee for an hour or so. Ask Snowball to try and talk to Sarabeth about not being so hateful. Have Sarabeth explode on everyone in a group chat with all of your accounts in it.

Another pro is that you control everything. With real people, they’re unpredictable. Whatever you imagine them saying could be different to what they actually say. They might underreact or overreact to the issue. When you are the drama, everything goes your way. It’s like writing a story, but actually taking action.

With this, I would like to point out a few cons. First off, EVERY account you own in a group chat get a notification when Sarabeth does explode in the group chat. It’s kind of tedious. Another con would be that switching accounts isn’t too annoying, but the problem shows itself when you try to post something about loving Goofball on your story and the 50 followers on your Sarabeth account get confused. I’ve gotten better about posting the wrong thing to the wrong account, but it’s still a pain.

Something tells me that all this article is going to do for people is prove that I’m insane. Well, more insane.

I lost my mind forever ago.

-Sara/Sarabeth/Bailee/Snowball <3