The Scoop

NCTS Middle School Blog

Dance Club

on September 15, 2017

The dance team is back, but this year there’s a twist. This year it’ s a club. The team usually does dance competitions, but this year Ms. Tamburro decided to only do performances. I have decided to look into this. I interviewed the dance club’s sponsor Mrs.Tamburro.

PARKER: Why did you choose to make the dance team a club.

TAMBURRO: I decided to make the team a club for this year because I am wanting to slowly ease back into coaching since having my son.  Having a dance team is VERY demanding, and I want to make sure I do not spread myself too thin in order to be able to give everyone what they need, including myself, my son and my dancers!  The club is a stepping stone for myself to get back in a more demanding coaching role over time.

PARKER: What are the performances you plan to do?

TAMBURRO: Right now I would like our club to perform as much as possible.  Events are still being planned, but what we have now are 3 performances.  First is the Covington Christmas Parade, a halftime performance at a Kennesaw State University basketball game and the Covington Relay for Life.

PARKER: How are the auditions organized.

TAMBURRO: Auditions will be one day where participants will stretch, do technique across the floor and learn a choreographed piece by me and then perform it.

PARKER: What should those who audition wear.

TAMBURRO: Those who are auditioning should wear a t shirt with black leggings.  Hair needs to be up.

PARKER: What are the things you look for in the auditions

TAMBURRO: Anytime dancers audition for me, I take into account not only technical ability, and mastery of choreography, but also how the students behave in school.  It is important to me that if the student doesn’t behave well in school that usually means they will not do the same for me.  I need dancers who are dedicated and can listen in order for our teams to be top notch.

We are expecting a lot out of this club this season. I hope to see everyone at the auditions. The auditions are September 26, 2017 from dismissal to 4:15. Complete your application using the QR codes in the halls. Be there or be square.